Jarett A. dePaula
Mr. dePaula is a personal injury and business law attorney at Vukelja & dePaula. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2008, and is admitted to practice in all state courts throughout Florida and in the federal courts throughout the Middle District of Florida. He represents client’s with passion and is devoted to achieving great results.
Mr. dePaula received his Business Degree from the University of Florida in 2004, where he was an Honors student and recipient of a full tuition merit scholarship. At UF, he served as the Chief Justice of the Traffic Court and was selected to attend Sigma Chi Horizons leadership seminar.
In December 2007, Mr. dePaula received his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law, where he also received a full tuition scholarship. While in law school, Mr. dePaula served as a Stetson Ambassador, interned for the Office of the Attorney General, Civil Division, and clerked at the law firms of Gassman, Bates & Associates, P.A. and Korey, Sweet, McKinnon, Simpson & Vukelja. In his free time, he taught children in the community how to think strategically in competition through the game of chess and assisted low income families with filing their taxes through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. In recognition of his extensive community service, Mr. dePaula was awarded the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award. Along with his Juris Doctor Degree, Mr. dePaula also received a Master of Business Administration from Stetson University in December 2007.
Since moving to Daytona Beach, Mr. dePaula has continued to be active in his community. Mr. dePaula is a graduate of Leadership Daytona Class XXXI, a member of the Board of Directors of the Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group, and a member of the Volusia County Bar Association, Daytona Beach Quarterback Club and Toastmasters International. Mr. dePaula coached youth soccer in Ormond Beach and spoke at the 2010-2011 Seabreaze High School boys basketball team awards ceremony about staying focused on education. Mr. dePaula also enjoys fitness activities and spending time with his family.
- Florida, April 2008
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, January 2011
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor, December 2007
- Judicial Intern – Florida Office of the Attorney General, Civil Division
- Law Clerk – Korey, Sweet, McKinnon, Simpson & Vukelja
- Law Clerk – Gassman, Bates & Associates
- Stetson Ambassador
- Stetson University, Master of Business Administration, December 2007
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, May 2004
- Honors Program
- Sigma Chi Horizons Leadership Program
- Chief Justice, University of Florida Traffic Court
Speaking Engagements & Awards
- “Staying Focused on Education” – Seabreaze High School Boys Basketball Program, 2011
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award, 2007
Leadership & Community
- Board of Directors – Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group, 2012
- Graduate of Leadership Daytona Class XXXI, Daytona Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, 2011
- Daytona Beach Quarterback Club, 2010-2012
- Toastmasters International, 2011
- Assistant Youth Soccer Coach – Ormond Beach Youth Soccer, 2009
- Volusia County Bar Association
- Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group