Consumers are protected from unfair and deceptive trade practices under both state and federal law. Companies or businesses that intentionally mislead consumers about the nature of their services or products are subject to fines, penalties, and liability for any harm suffered by consumers. At Vukelja Law we are diligent in bringing litigation against companies who engage in unfair and deceptive trade practices. We will evaluate your case, write a demand letter, and begin the investigative process as needed.
Vukelja Law represents clients in litigation involving the following kinds of deceptive trade practices:
- False advertising
- Bait and switch sales tactics
- Refusal to honor valid warranty
- Failure to fully disclose loan or credit conditions
- Taking advantage of an elderly person in refinancing a home mortgage
- Claiming goods are of a certain quality when they are not
- Making false claims about the ingredients or materials of a product
- Refusal to honor a price guaranteed or promised at an earlier date
- Claiming a product is manufactured somewhere it is not
Companies that look the other way while their employees engage in deceptive trade practices are often willing to call the bluff of consumers. Assuming no one will take them to court, but Vukelja Law will. If you suspect a company has been deceptive, speak to us before you do anything.